August 18, 2008 3:07 PM

WB wants Harry Potter to be the next Dark Knight

By now I'm sure you've heard of Warner Bros. pushing back the release date of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince to July 2009. I'm definitely not happy about the push especially since that'll mean it's been 2 years since the last film. Why'd they bother putting out the trailer this "early"? They'd better not do the same thing for part 1 of the Deathly Hallows movie because it's currently scheduled for November 2010. I'm not so worried about part 2 of the 7th movie since it's schedule for May of 2011. I still don't understand how movie producers are just realizing now that summer films make more money especially when it comes to kid audiences. I mean hello summer vacation!

There were some kinda dumb rumors going around that WB didn't want to tarnish Harry's image since Daniel Radcliffe is on Broadway this fall for Equus. This doesn't make any since though considering he already performed it in London last year. It's obvious that WB saw the success of The Dark Knight and we're like "oh, we should do that again" a-duh! I mean as of last weekend (Exactly a month from it's release date today) it's still at number 2 in the U.S. That's pretty ridiculous if you ask me.

0 Comments On "WB wants Harry Potter to be the next Dark Knight"