August 5, 2008 1:05 PM

Keyboards full of Shiny Appeal.

This is definitely the coolest keyboard I’ve seen since the Optimus Maximus Keyboard (Don't get me wrong the Optimus is pretty amazing). It’s called the Luxeed Dynamic Pixel LED Keyboard and it only costs $199.99 versus the $1,589.99 of the Optimus Maximus. If I had a need for a new keyboard and just happened to have $200 lying around I would definitely get it.

Each key on the Luxeed has it’s own customizable color with 430 LEDs total. You can also program 4 preset patterns that can be activated by the touch of a button. There’s a mode called “Spark” and this allows the keys to light up only when you press them down. I would love that but I don’t know if it would make my eyes bug out while I was typing fast lol.

There are 2 base colors for the keyboard itself, one being black and the other white. The black keyboard isn’t as bright because only the characters light up. The white keyboard has semi-transparent keys so they light up except where the characters are. I would definitely pick the white one :). The numpad isn’t included, nor does it light up. This is kind of depressing but you can buy it separately if you feel the need.


I don’t ever recommend spending $1600 on a keyboard but if that’s your thing go for it lol. Personally I like my Eclipse II LED Backlit Keyboard. All 3 of the keyboards that I mentioned are available at Thinkgeek so take a look at them.

0 Comments On "Keyboards full of Shiny Appeal."