August 22, 2008 1:49 PM

Superman is gonna be emo now

Warner Bros. has announced that they're going to be making Superman not crappy this time around reintroducing Superman. It's supposed to be a similar situation to how The Incredible Hulk was a replacement for Hulk. *sigh* I hope they do it right this time. We don't need a box set of superhero movies that sucked coming out in the future. It'd be on "I Love the New Millennium" and I'd want to help make fun of it. Since Superman flopped in 2006 there is no Batman vs. Superman (It was originally planned for Christmas of this year or sometime in 2009) or Justice League movie (Thank goodness!) coming out for awhile. I'm think they're trying to give people time to forget the last Superman movie in order to help build up hype for the new one later.

This time around Warner Bros. Pictures Group President "...wants his next pack of superhero movies to be bathed in the same brooding tone as 'The Dark Knight.' Creatively, he sees exploring the evil side to characters as the key to unlocking some of Warner Bros.' DC properties."-comingsoon.net. By "DC properties" I think he meant making a good plot for the movie ;) (You know like Marvel movies do except for that horrible horrible X-Men 3 movie where Cyclops got killed in the first 30 seconds for no good reason besides the fact that Brett Ratner wanted him to. I betcha Bryan Singer wishes he didn't drop it to make Superman Returns now, but I digress.) How the heck do you show Superman as evil?
I'm betting they're gonna:

A. Copycat The Dark Knight by killing off the love interest Louis Lane
B. Find some red Kryptonite like in Smallville and make sure it gets stuck in him somehow

Wasn't Superman emo enough in Superman Returns? I guess not. I'm gonna look for some Kryptonite razor blades to give them so he can go cut himself to make the movie better this time around.

0 Comments On "Superman is gonna be emo now"