September 29, 2008 5:07 PM

Fun Iron Man Goodies

The Iron Man DVD is coming out tomorrow and it has some pretty cool (well kinda cool at least) making-of clips included. The first clip shows some of the first concept art for the Iron Man suit. It's pretty cool that they actually thought about whether or not a person could bend and move inside without breaking their arms and legs (even though nobody ever gets to wear the real suit :P ). The 2nd movie is kinda cheesey and just talks about how awesome it would be to have a suit that would let us fly. The 3rd one is pretty funny since it's the makeup artists making the Iron Man suit on Robert Downey Jr. They have to shave him and then paint him with what I can only assume is latex. Then they peel it off; which has to feel like a giant bandaid being ripped off slowly lol. Anyway you can watch the clips here but I'd advise you to skip the 2nd one since it is pretty boring.

As far as the rest of the DVD goes, I'll start by saying that I really like the inside cover picture a lot more than the cover pictures. There's also going to be 3 different versions of the DVD that you can buy straight away. There's the Two-Disc Special Collector's Edition, a Special Collector's Edition Blu-ray Disc and a Single-Disc Edition. I thought there was a typo when I originally saw the prices of the DVDs but I guess not. Amazon has the Single Disc listed at $34.99 but it's on sale for $14.99. What the heck were they thinking by pricing this DVD so high? $20 is pretty expensive for a single disc let alone $35. Also the original price of either of the Two-Disc sets is $39.99 with the Blu-ray on sale for $25.95 and the normal on sale for $22.99. I'm definitely not buying this DVD right away and I can't believe how many pre-orders there probably already are for it. If I knew anyone paid $40 for a DVD (especially when you can pirate anything now) I'd have to kick them in the shins and laugh at their stupidity.

0 Comments On "Fun Iron Man Goodies"