September 26, 2008 6:05 PM

Totally gonna make these cookies!

So I found what seems like a good recipe for Pumpkin cookies. I'm going to try it out tonight with the addition of some delicious cream-cheese frosting on top :D . Also I'm not going to add the pecans or walnuts just because I don't think they need them. Maybe I'll add some orange food coloring to the frosting to make them brighter too :) . I hope they aren't too soft seeing as how there's pumpkin puree in them. It's not that much so I wouldn't think they would be, but who knows. I'm excited that this batch makes 3.5 dozen but knowing my fiance's cookie portions, it'll probably make closer to 2 haha. The picture of them looks really good and it's making me super hungry. I'm about to go get dinner and then go swimming so it will be awhile before I can make them. When I get back and finally make them I'll probably post about them :D and let you know if they're good or not. Here's the recipe if you want to try and make them too :D .


Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
2 ½ cup ap flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp salt
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground cloves
pinch nutmeg
½ cup butter, room temperature
1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
1 egg
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup pumpkin puree
1 c chocolate chips or raisins
½ - 1 cup pecans or walnuts (optional)


Preheat oven 350F. Line two baking sheets with parchment.
Whisk together flour, leavening, salt and spices.
In a large bowl, cream the butter with the sugars. Beat in egg, then vanilla, then pumpkin. Add flour mixture and stir until just incorporated. Stir in chocolate chips and pecans, if using.
Drop by tablespoons and bake for 12-14 minutes at 350F. Bake them until they’re lightly browned at the edges, but not dark.
Remove to a wire rack to cool.
Makes about 3 1/2 dozen.

0 Comments On "Totally gonna make these cookies!"