September 16, 2008 10:17 AM

I'm going to Northrend for X-mas!

Yesterday Blizzard announced that the Wrath of the Lich king is coming out November 13, 2008. I can't believe it's actually coming out this year after how much the Burning Crusade was drawn out. I thought it wasn't true when I first saw the news on a Digg article. It seems like Blizzard has been getting its butt in gear for the Christmas season though (no doubt hoping for huge sales as X-mas pressies). I do wish they would've bumped it to the beginning of December so I wouldn't have to worry at all about classes, but no it's got to come out a month before I'm finished. Oh well at least I'm done the 11th. I feel sorry for those saps that go until the 18th haha. This gives me something good to look forward to in terms of things coming out near Christmas seeing as how Harry Potter got bumped forward :( .


I wish it cost less than $39.99 for the normal edition too, but it's still cool to have it coming out this early. The collector's edition is of course more expensive at $69.99. I'm not going to shell out that kinda cash for the expansion but for those of you that want to go ahead. It contains an art book, behind the scenes dvd, a soundtrack, an exclusive in-game pet, 2 starter decks for the WoW card set March of the Legion which include 2 exclusive cards (only available in the collector's edition) and a mousepad featuring the continent of Northrend.

I've already mentioned some of the game's new features. The biggest of the news is probably the new Death Knight class which I've already mentioned. Now there's also going to be a non-inventory space to keep your vanity pets and mounts (basically you get to learn these items instead) which makes the Locks and the Pallys not have an advantage from casting their mounts anymore. The same thing goes for PvP and raiding tokens which makes me want to ask Blizzard why it took them so long. There's also going to be a Battleground that's not instanced (so that should be a "fun" place to hang out lol :) ). Hopefully it's in Northrend so nooblets don't have to worry about being constantly ganked by players in transit. Also, people's addons will be slightly cut because of the built-in threat meter. This should be helpful to people oblivious of such things.

There's going to be new instances as well as a fixed-up version of Naxxramas designed for 10 and 25 people. I think that's really cool since I never got to go to Naxx (that and the fact that it sucks to get more than 25 people to raid anything). I'm excited about having another undead/winter zone too. I also hope that getting exalted with the Netherwing will lead to getting one of those icey dragons as a mount :D . One of the bad things is no new playable races. There will be lots of new NPC races that you can talk to though, so I guess that's something. Enough of my rambling, there is a lot more that's being added that I didn't mention so go look and drool at it :P .

0 Comments On "I'm going to Northrend for X-mas!"