July 1, 2009 6:32 PM

Avatar Might Not Be Super Terrible...I Hope


I meant to post about this last week sometime, but seeing as how I've been helping out with roofing, it slipped my mind. By now I'm sure you've seen this first teaser trailer for M. Night Shyamalan's The Last Airbender. From the looks of it, it seems like he might actually be able to pull off a good movie. It does slightly concern me that Aang's tattoo looks more like a bruise or some hair stubble, and that almost every main character (if not all) are white instead of their respective races. But, this trailer of Aang blowing out candles makes me think that if nothing else, the bending in this movie will look good. So if all us Avatar fans will just ignore what the characters are supposed to look like, we might be able to endure/enjoy this movie. I do hope that instead of the more serious nature that Shyamalan usually makes his characters, they will all be as sarcastic as in the show. Since, I'm pretty sure the sarcasm is half the reason that Avatar has as many fans as it does. It certainly won me over :).

3 Comments On "Avatar Might Not Be Super Terrible...I Hope"

Anonymous Says:
July 1, 2009 at 7:18 PM

When you watch the preview on the bigscreen, you can see that Aang's tattoo is made of of lots of little squiggly henna-esque tattoos.

Anonymous Says:
July 1, 2009 at 7:18 PM

Also, the guy who plays Sokka was one of the only entertaining things about watching the Twilight movie.

Matthew Says:
July 11, 2009 at 9:17 AM

all I have to say is if Saka isn't hilarious and sarcastic I castrate someone. Tada.