April 12, 2009 1:39 AM

I thought Fox couldn't be any stupider

I really didn't think Fox could mess up this badly again so soon after their incident with Warner Bros. Fox News columnist Roger Friedman downloaded Wolverine X-men Origins and posted a review of it on the Fox News site. This is after Fox warned people not to download the movie and even tried to get the authorities involved in trying to stop the distributors of the film.

Even after Roger was caught, Fox still didn't immediately fire him. First they pretended to fire him. Then said that they were going to allow him to plead his case, even though it was clear that he illegally downloaded their own film and placed a review online, most likely helping to cut the movie's box office revenue. I mean just look at this quote from Roger's review of the movie; "I did see Wolverine on a large, wide computer screen, and not in a movie theater, but it could not have played better." That's enough proof for me to want to fire someone. But no, Fox delayed it and finally when they met with Roger this is what they had to say; "Fox News representatives and Roger Friedman met today and mutually agreed to part ways immediately." I'm pretty sure they didn't part ways "mutually" especially considering the fact that Roger told Variety that he hadn't been fired after Fox's initial statement that they had fired him. I personally love this quote from Variety's article, "After Friedman's positive "Wolverine" review hit the Web, the fanboy blogging community, which had largely called for a boycott of any reviews of the film, immediately lobbied for Friedman's dismissal," since it shows just how much devotion comic book fans have. I've also been ignoring reviews and links to download the movie that pop up while I surf the web and I'll definitely go see the movie when it comes out in theaters.

2 Comments On "I thought Fox couldn't be any stupider"

Anonymous Says:
April 12, 2009 at 11:15 AM

Wow, that is pretty special... Well, at least they eventually parted ways. I too and going to wait until the movie comes out to actually see it, maybe even at midnight. :D Although, I think I did see an quote from a section of the movie that hadn't been released, but I'll be good and not share it.

Matthew Says:
April 15, 2009 at 8:43 AM

BABY STORM!