March 18, 2009 7:01 PM

World of Warcraft is slowly trying to take over the world

Nettles tipped me off about the fact that WoW is coming out with its own 2 flavors of Mountain Dew. They're offering an Alliance Blue and a Horde Red. The blue flavor is supposed to be wild fruit and the red flavor is supposed to be citrus cherry. Now when I first saw these 2 flavors, I questioned them because I could've sworn that Code Red was cherry citrus flavor and that Revolution was wild fruit flavored (shockingly enough both of their colors look just like the colors of the 2 new WoW dews). But, upon inspecting my personal can of Code Red that I'm drinking while typing this, I found that Code Red is actually just cherry flavor (even though it tastes pretty citrusy as well). Also, I checked online to see that Revolution was wild berry flavor as well as the addition of ginseng.

So I'm betting my money on the fact that Mountain Dew had a lot of Revolution left over after DEWmocracy ended seeing as how that was the 2nd place flavor (since Supernova sucked even though it had the coolest name of all 3). I can't see any reason why they wouldn't just use it either. I mean why wouldn't gamers want that extra ginseng boost "added" to the 54mg of caffeine per can? Also, a skanky Night Elf chick on the cans/bottles is sure to help boost sales of the Alliance flavor (bleh!). I wouldn't complain about having Revolution available again though since it was pretty tasty. Also, I can't believe that they would just relabel Code Red and try to pass it off as a new flavor, so they had better make a good attempt at a new citrus cherry flavor.

I also wanted to let you guys know about a new thing that I'll be adding to the blog soon. I'm going to start counting interesting things I see while I'm out during the day with my new tally counter. I've actually had the idea for awhile now and I finally got the counter. If you have any ideas of what you'd want me to count, especially when I go to the zoo Friday, post it in the comments :D.

2 Comments On "World of Warcraft is slowly trying to take over the world"

Anonymous Says:
March 19, 2009 at 4:04 PM

Yeah, it will be pretty lame if they just repackage the old flavors, but hey, what better way to make money?

As for something to count, maybe the annoying people who always say "here kitty kitty" to any sort of big cat?

Matthew Says:
April 2, 2009 at 8:10 PM

I'm sure you are done with the zoo, but you should count idiots tapping on glass of enclosures, like idiots.