May 23, 2009 12:37 PM

Aang is a Tiny Little Bald Kid with Huge Ears...Like He Should be


Apparently M. Night Shyamalan does in fact fear the fans of Avatar: The Last Airbender. I say this because the new pictures from the live-action Avatar movie were just released on Thursday. Aang definitely resembles his cartoon self (see look at him to the right...he totally does!) and so does Zuko, at least mostly. I can't really tell from the picture whether or not Zuko has a scar; which means his scar isn't ugly enough to be truly Zuko's. I guess this picture could be pre-scar Zuko, but then I would think he'd have his ponytail. I mean for goodness sake. Everyone knows that no audience could possibly figure out that Zuko's personality had changed without having him grow out his hair into a shaggy emo mop. Anyway, both of these guys look mostly like their characters should, but Aang needs to be cracking a grin or something. I mean honestly, how often does he really have that straight of a face in the show?

I hope this movie isn't as bad as some of M. Night Shyamalan's other movies. The Lady in the Water and Signs were 2 of the worst movies I've ever seen. I mean what kind of dignified mermaidy lady would live in a crappy apartment's pool? Also, the aliens in Signs were some of the least scary things ever. I guess The Village was kind of spooky, but not really that thrilling. So, I'll be interested to see whether or not he can pull of a movie that should be filled with action. I definitely hope it portrays the characters as being as sassy as the cartoon made them too.

4 Comments On "Aang is a Tiny Little Bald Kid with Huge Ears...Like He Should be"

Anonymous Says:
May 24, 2009 at 7:14 PM

Technically, the picture of Zuko could be post pony-tail as he is in season three, also he standing with his "good" side to the front in that picture, so he could still be oogles. I really was expecting more out of Lady in the Water, but I did like The Village, even though I saw the end coming from a mile away. At least I know the end to this story already. One of the actors in Twilight is playing Sokka, it's hard for me to picture him with a warrior's wolf-tail, but at least he was one of the only things going for Twilight when I saw it. *shudder* Anyhow, live-action versions of cartoons aren't really my thing, but maybe they can pull this off.

Matthew Says:
May 26, 2009 at 8:21 PM

I have no faith that it will be any where near as good as the cartoon, but I will certainly go see it. As for the Village, I enjoy that and oddly enough I enjoyed Lady in the Water, but that's cause I love things like that, and have no attachment to mermaids cause they're boring, it was the other parts I enjoyed.

Anonymous Says:
July 3, 2010 at 2:34 PM

I'm not to excited about the looks of the characters. I think if there gonna do a movie, then they should do it well. I think Aang should look more athletic. This kid is a pretty good resemblance to the Cartoon but I'm thinking of someone more diesel. But hey, I haven't seen the movie yet, but is a total fan to the cartoon. I'm hoping that its worth my time.

Anonymous Says:
March 7, 2013 at 4:38 PM

Hey I know this is off topic but I was wondering if you knew of any widgets I could add to my blog that automatically tweet my newest twitter updates.
I've been looking for a plug-in like this for quite some time and was hoping maybe you would have some experience with something like this. Please let me know if you run into anything. I truly enjoy reading your blog and I look forward to your new updates.

Visit my weblog paturp.akullore.com
my web page: facts about egypt