February 6, 2009 3:16 PM

One of the only good Superbowl Commercials

By now you've hopefully seen the official Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen preview that premiered during the Superbowl. The high quality version is pretty amazing looking, even though not much of the actual plot of the movie is given away. I think I mentioned awhile back that there was a ring on Megan Fox's finger and there's a close up shot of it now (at about 17s in) as she's clutching her hand to her mouth. This means that Sam and Mikaela are most likely engaged *vomit*. Anyway, it looks like that army guy from the first movie is returning and there's also a random guy standing next to Mikaela while she's screaming "SAM!" I found something odd on imdb though. Jazz appears to be back even though he was "killed" in the first movie. He is being voiced by Darius McCrary again so I'm not sure if he's really coming back or if imdb is just being crazy and forgot he died. I guess it is called "Revenge of the Fallen" so it's possible Jazz comes back somehow since I'm sure that Megatron will also make a reappearance because every transformers fan knows that Megatron never stays dead.

But, the good news is that there is a really cool cat-looking transformer (around 10s in) in the trailer that's like leaping/stalking through the water. It's probably Ravage seeing as how his form was a black panther in Beast Wars. Hopefully Ravage will be somewhat of a bounty hunter like he was in Beast Wars. That would make the movie very entertaining, and it would make a lot of sense since he came after Megatron in Beast Wars. Currently Transformers 2 scheduled for release on June 26, so I'm sure more and more news about it will be leaking out now that it's only about 4 months away.

2 Comments On "One of the only good Superbowl Commercials"

Anonymous Says:
February 6, 2009 at 9:39 PM

Well, supposedly Soundwave is going to be in the 2nd movie, which means that it's likely that Ravage will have little to no personality besides that of a feral cat, but I'm not sure how they're going to play that one. Soundwave used to have an audio cassette player in his chest... So now he's going to have an... ipod? And Ravage is a... mp3? *shrug* But yes, *barf* more Megan Fox.

Matthew Says:
February 6, 2009 at 9:43 PM

I don't even have much to say, I just want something with Rhinox in it, but that is kinda like what the one guy is, I dunno, I am just bored with robots that look like machines, but the first one wasn't horrible, I enjoyed it, so hopefully this one will be fun, and yeah, screw Megan Fox and everyone thinking she is hot and not just a skank. If I'm wathing a movie about killer crazy robots saving the world from crazier robots, I wanna hear about them, not your fake boobs.