February 19, 2009 4:29 PM

Bone claws and explodey comets make for sweet theater trailers

I really need to go see a movie in theaters. It's been awhile since I've been, so I've had to rely on the internet to see the leaked theater trailers for Transformers 2 and X-men Origins. I also didn't want to post about the trailers w/out having a high quality video to put up though, (that and I've been studying for midterm after midterm) so now I have 2 to share. The first one is the new X-men Origins trailer and it shows some pretty intense images of Wolverine during the surgery. It also shows little Logan with bone claws coming out of his hands. To be honest, I didn't even know that he had bone claws at all. I just assumed it was an addition to the metal skeleton surgery. I had to look it up on Wikipedia and sure enough, it's true. As the movie progresses, you get to see quite a bit of Gambit and it looks like the pretty much unknown actor playing him is going to do a good job. You also get to see a snippet of Deadpool and way more of The Blob than anyone ever wanted to see.



The 2nd trailer is an extended version of the Transformers 2 trailer that played during the Superbowl. There's a longer intro in the beginning that shows all the explodey death comets that are the Transformers falling from space. You can also see a lot more transformers in this one, like Arcee when she's split up into 3 motorcycles. You also get to see Devastator going absolutely insane smashing up bridges and everything in sight. I mostly love the end of the trailer when the words "Revenge is coming" form out of the little metal shards and then the Decepticon symbol forms out of those same metal shards. It just looks really cool :D.

4 Comments On "Bone claws and explodey comets make for sweet theater trailers"

Anonymous Says:
February 20, 2009 at 10:45 AM

Ah yay, I hadn't seen that extended TF trailer yet. Although, you're right, it does look like Jazz is back, which doesn't make a whole lot of sense unless Ratchet did some magical magic. *shrug* I hope Arcee isn't horribly annoying... All I can think is that she has to be better than Megan Fox. Also, I love how Devastator has like giant-armed-motorcycley doom. I wonder though, if the things crashing into the battleships are actually transformers or not. It seems silly to dump random robots into the ocean. But... meh. Hurray for Ravage! Also, hurray for Deadpool, but boo for Gambit's icky facial hair.

GreenCS Says:
February 20, 2009 at 10:53 AM

Uhm if you watch the trailer, there's firey doom that like rolls through a store and then transforms into a car and drives away so I assume they mostly all are.

Anonymous Says:
February 21, 2009 at 4:08 PM

Ah yes... perhaps they are, still seems silly.

Matthew Says:
March 4, 2009 at 7:40 PM

Yay, all kinds of exciting. I still love baby Storm, even if her powers shouldn't be manifested yet, poor orphan Storm. TF looks like it could be exciting even if Megan Fox is in it... Hurray for fun movies, coming soon to an overpriced theater near you.