October 26, 2009 10:51 AM

Warning, Incoming Game

Now if you don't know what this means, then I'm ashamed of you. Reboot was one of the best shows on Toonami from 1994-2001 (it's hard for me to believe that it was really on for 6 years) and was also made by Canadian company Mainframe Entertainment (makers of Beast Wars). All you DBZ fans don't come whining to me here about how it was so good because I will have no sympathy while shooting you down. ReBoot was a CG show about the characters inside a computer and what would happen to them when someone played a video game. The main characters were Bob (Guardian #452), Dot Matrix (who for some reason owns a diner inside the computer), Enzo Matrix (Dot's little brother) and his dog Frisket, Phong (the old philosophical advisor to Bob), AndrAIa (a game sprite that is later Enzo's gf), and Mouse (originally bad and then changes sides to help Dot and Enzo). The main bad guys are Megabyte and Hexadecimal who were as corny as 90's cartoons could make them. This trailer makes me remember how good and bad 90's cartoons could be at the same time. It makes me want to see if Netflix has Reboot on their "Watch it Instantly" list, even though I seriously doubt it.

Since the movie is still in production, there's not too much info I can get about it other than the fact that it's supposed to be a trilogy of films and that it's due to come out in 2010. Also if you want proof that this teaser isn't just a fan-made trailer to get people excited for no reason head over to Rainmaker's site.

2 Comments On "Warning, Incoming Game"

Anonymous Says:
October 26, 2009 at 4:26 PM

What in the World! Apparently we really are out of things to make movies of... I just can't imagine how this happened...

Bunni Says:
October 27, 2009 at 1:09 AM

Just an FYI, it wasn't on for those 6 years straight, it went from 1994-1996 then 1999-2001, with the 4th season being chopped up (the last 5 were never produced).

@Nettles: With the movies I have seen out recently, yeah, they are running out of ideas, I'm glad they are going back to good ideas again :-P