March 12, 2009 10:45 PM

Is it just me or are the new Disney princesses looking pretty snooty?

So I mentioned the new Disney Rapunzel movie awhile back and I can't believe I missed another fun Disney movie that was supposed to come out this Christmas. It's called The Princess and the Frog and now it's actually coming out on December 11th, so it doesn't come out the same day as the new Alvin and the Chipmunks movie. People are saying that Disney is intimidated by the Chipmunks, but I think they're just being smart. Who would want to have 2 popular kids movies released on the same day if it was gonna lose them business? Also, by releasing their movie earlier, they get the attention first. That, and I imagine a lot of little kids don't get to go see movies on Christmas day since most people spend time with their families all day.

Anyway, it's based on the story The Frog Princess and is being directed by the directors of The Little Mermaid and Aladdin. That's impressive, especially because it's going to be the first traditionally animated Disney movie since Home on the Range (which was a terrible film and I'm sure you agree with me if you've ever seen it), which was supposed to be the last ever movie from Disney like that. I always knew that was a horrible move by Disney and I totally called that they'd change their mind and start making traditional Disney movies again. It only took them <5 years (since clearly it took time to make the film) to change their mind for the better. Anyway, the movie looks great other than this snooty picture I found of the Frog Princess looking at the frog. It reminds me a lot of the Rapunzel picture I posted forever ago. They both look like total snobs and it's pretty funny to think of a snobby princess, especially a snobby Disney princess.

5 Comments On "Is it just me or are the new Disney princesses looking pretty snooty?"

carie Says:
March 12, 2009 at 11:01 PM

Haha very true but doesn't snobbishness and being a princess kind of go hand in hand?
I also have to agree about the movie home on the range. It was a BIG waste of time. I'm really glad Disney decided to make another traditional animated movie. I want to see this one and the Rapunzel one too. The resemblance between the two photos is noticeable!

Anyway, you have a nice blog here. I found it quite interesting reading through some of your movie knowledge! Keep it up and I'll be back. :]

GreenCS Says:
March 12, 2009 at 11:12 PM

Haha thanks so much for reading and commenting back. I usually try to post once a week during the school year but over the summer I'll try to get back to posting once a day :D.

Anonymous Says:
March 13, 2009 at 8:04 PM

Didn't I tell you about The Frog Princess back when I worked at Disney? Anyhow, I'm excited because they're going to have the same lyricist to work on the songs as who worked on Enchanted and... I think it's Beauty and the Beast.

GreenCS Says:
March 14, 2009 at 3:10 AM

That's cool and maybe you did tell me, but I forgot...there's only so much room in my brain after thermodynamics comes along and takes up all the free space

Matthew Says:
March 15, 2009 at 9:02 AM

Yay, real Disney movies, though I must say Enchanted was a pretty awesome non-traditional Disney movie. I am excited about them coming to their senses and finally doing the good animations again. And, what is this? Black Princess! It took them a while. One of C. and my friends said they're making sure to do this movie really well since it's the first African American princess, so it should be a great movie.